Thursday, November 19, 2015

No More PL/SQL Obsession by Steven Feuerstein on ToadWorld

A month ago, I received this email:
Hi Steven, just to inform you that your "PL/SQL Obsession" page is out of work, http://www.toadworld.com/sf answers "Page Not Found"  Maybe Dell has blocked you?
So I thought I would post a note on my blog to clarify matters.

For many years, Quest and then Dell "hosted" my online PL/SQL resources at http://www.toadworld.com/sf:

I had lots of fun with that page, and am especially grateful to Steve Hilker for helping me keep it current and useful for thousands of PL/SQL developers.

We came up with what I still feel is the best way to describe my relationship to PL/SQL:


PL/SQL Obsession

And for more than a year after I joined Oracle (in March 2014), Dell and I agreed that we should keep the PL/SQL Obsession site intact, with all of my content, even that which they did not own.

But all things - good or otherwise - must come to an end. It's confusing to have me working at Oracle but still seeming to be "at" Dell inside ToadWorld.

So we, ahem, refactored the PL/SQL Obsession page so that it continues to offer PL/SQL resources, but is not tied to me personally, and we turned back on the redirect from toadworld.com/SF, so that you will no longer see a Page Not Found error.


So the bottom line is that you will still find it handy to head over to toadworld.com/SF for PL/SQL resources, but you will find the most current reflection of my PL/SQL activities at:

PL/SQL Home Page - Best starting point
PL/SQL Challenge - PL/SQL Quizzes (and more)
My Books on PL/SQL - published by O'Reilly Media

And of course there are lots of other great resources for Oracle Database developers at:

PL/SQL and EBR Blog - by our distinguished product manager, Bryn Llewellyn
PL/SQL on OTN - with content and the very active discussion forum
ORACLE-BASE - by the irrepressible Tim Hall
oracle-developer.net - fantastic articles and scripts by Adrian Billington
PL/SQL Scripts on LiveSQL - 24x7 access to Oracle Database 12c + code library
Ask Tom - you can still ask, but questions are now answered by Chris Saxon and Connor McDonald of the Oracle Database Developer Advocates team

2 comments:

  1. Obviously Larry and Michael need to merge to instantiate the optimal solution. Until then this seems best.

    ReplyDelete