Now that I am settling in very nicely at Oracle Corporation, after a 22 year absence, it's time to get back to celebrating all the wonderful things you can do with PL/SQL, along with advice about how to best do those things.
I am happy to announce that Oracle Corporation and ODTUG are teaming up to co-host a six-month webinar series on the Oracle PL/SQL language.
The first three webinars, hosted by Oracle, will focus on PL/SQL best practices:
- How and When to Write SQL in PL/SQL
Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 11:00 a.m. ET - recording available here.
- How to Write PL/SQL Code You Can Actually Read
Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:00 a.m. ET - recording available here.
- Bullet-Proof Your PL/SQL Program Units
Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 11:00 a.m. ET - recording available here.
The second set of three webinars, hosted by ODTUG, take on the challenge of mining the PL/SQL language for features and techniques to improve performance:
- All About the Function Result Cache
- Thursday, October 16, 2014, 11:00 a.m. ET - recording available here.
- Turbocharge Your PL/SQL Code with Bulk Processing
Thursday, November 13, 2014, 11:00 a.m. ET - recording available here.
- Ten (Other) Top Tips for Improving PL/SQL Performance - recording available here.
Thursday, December 11, 2014, 11:00 a.m.
Whether you are new to PL/SQL or have some years under your belt, attending these six webinars will deepen your expertise and help you think in new and creative ways about how to write fast, maintainable applications.
All webcasts will be recorded and available for viewing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for as long as electricity powers the Internet.
I hope you can join me!